Health and Safety Policy
Oliver Brown Limited is committed to achieving high standards of health and safety management in meeting the needs of its clients and customers and ensuring the safety of both employees and others who may be affected by company activities.
The company recognizes its duty to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act and associated regulations as a minimum standard and seeks to achieve best practice through continuous improvement in health and safety performance.
The company will provide adequate resources to ensure that this policy is implemented, monitored and maintained through the adoption of a comprehensive safety management system which is compliant with OHSAS 18001. Details of health and safety responsibilities and arrangements are summarized in Sections 2 & 3 of this policy.
So far as is reasonably practicable, the company aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To comply with relevant statutory regulations and codes of practice and to meet any specific health and safety requirements of clients.
- To identify and review risks to the health and safety of employees and others who may be affected by company affected by company activities, and to minimise these through the adoption of a hierarchy of controls.
- To provide and maintain safe working conditions, safe equipment, and safe systems of work which account for the risks and controls identified. To make adequate provision and arrangements for the welfare facilities on work sites.
- To ensure that all employees are made aware of this policy and their legal duties and responsibilities and are consulted on health and safety issues. To ensure all employees are competent to meet those responsibilities through instruction, training, communication, sharing of expertise, and monitoring of the company’s activities.
- To evaluate and review the competency of contractors to manage their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their activities. To provide sufficient information and instruction to contractors and visitors to allow them to comply with this policy.
- To review this policy at least annually and make revisions as necessary to ensure its ongoing effectiveness and relevance to Oliver Brown Limited.
The directors of the company recognise their duties for health and safety management and give their full support to this policy which is available to all interested parties.